Pages

Saturday, August 22, 2015

Butuan - Dahican Davao: Part 1

I've been seeing a lot of post about the Enchanted River, it caught my interest and booked a ticket to Butuan! And because I also want to witness the famous Kadayawan Festival in Davao, our flight back to Manila will be from Davao. The funny thing is, I booked the wrong date and just realize it a month before our trip. I thought Kadayawan will be on weekend Aug 15-16, but I was wrong, it's Aug 22-23 for this year! ...and so change of plans...no Kadayawan for us this year & need to replace our itinerary....searching..searching...searching...and it's been decided! ...we went to Dahican after Butuan! T'was an awesome trip! Davao never failed me...It's becoming my favorite destination here in PH!

Date of Travel: Aug 12- 16, 2015

Below is our budget & itinerary, with some notes from our trip:
We will discuss more about our experience on the next blogs ^__^

Note: First bus trip to Mangagoy, Bislig is 2am and after that that, buses arrives every after 2hrs. While waiting for the first trip, we spent hours  playing, watching, drinking coffee (10php each) at the bus terminal. You also have a choice to ride a van but we opted to ride the bus for more leg room.

Note: We stayed at Marky's inn/hostel in Hinatuan b'coz most bloggers recommend it but if you're OC about the CR this is not the place for you. What I like about Marky's is the friendly owner but if I will go back to Hinatuan, I will try other inns.
I didn't quite like the room where we stayed in at marky's because of the comfort room. The water on the floor does not go down right away, it takes time & it feels like your CR is flooded, you have to wait before the water goes down. The toilet bowl is too small and too low, it feels like your almost sitting on the floor. CR is a big factor for me when choosing a room that's why I requested for a room with private CR but I was disappointed with the one we had at Marky's, I think their common CR is even better.

Notes:
-If you want to see the bluish color of the enchanted river go there in the afternoon because in the morning it's more of a greenish color. According to locals, it's because of the high tide-low tide stuff.
-try the breads at the bakery near the mati city terminal (sorry I forgot the name). Certified yummy & affordable! We bought some as a baon to Dahican beach.


Note: At first we were planning to surf but the waves are not enough for surfing so we just tried skim boarding.

We will discuss more about our experience on the next blogs ^__^

No comments:

Post a Comment